Switching between "On Top" screens FactoryTalk View

BillRobinson

I'm having a problem with a FactoryTalk View application on a keyboard only Panelview. If an alarm occurs the 'on-top' alarm window pops up. To close this you normally push F7, and your focus goes back to the screen you were at before. I also have a an auto-logout which returns you to the 'home' screen after 5 minuts of non-usage. If you fail to close the on-top alarm popup window before the auto-logout returns you to the home screen, the on-top alarm window becomes 'out of focus' (but visible) and you can't close the window with the keyboard. I need a way to return focus to the on-top alarm window using only the keyboard. Anybody know how?

How about a button on the home screen to call up the alarm screen, I think that will bring it back in focus, if not try a button that closes the alarm screen from the home screen.
What happens if a new alarm occurs, does it come back in focus?
I don't use Panelview but I assume it's similar to VersaView CE
Roy

I would get rid of the automatic log-out feature. Why make the operator's life more difficult? If I were the operator, I would want the screen to stay where I left it last. If I want it to jump somewhere else, please allow me to move it myself. Having the great computer god try to anticipate which moves the programmer THOUGHT should be made --- would drive anyone mad.

For the same reason, I hate those irritating beepers in cars that warn you of seat belts, doors, and a bunch of other stuff, and those automatic door locks and automatic windows that go all the way down before you can stop them. If I want the door locked or the window lowered, then I will do it. Otherwise, leave me alone!