T/C access device for a SLC 5/04

Scooter

Hi all. Recently upgraded a case packing machine that came from another plant with a new plc. The machine is old and tired and needs to be tweaked every now and then. I really do not want to break out the computer to tweak a few timers, I would rather have the operator do it. There is no need for a full blown HMI here.

Does anyone make a plug and play Timer/Counter access keypad for a SLC 5/04? All ports are free.

I have used the AB 1745-TCAT in the past but of course those days are gone. I do not think a TCAT will work with the 5/04 anyway.

All I have found is a Quartech unit and have been looking for other options.

Really would like plug and play to keep it simple.

Thanks, Scott
"73's" KD8PJP

If you programmed logic to hold the values in an N register, you could use a 1747-DTAM on the units. Just plug in the N register you want to change, put in a number and have the logic move it into the .PRE word.

Just buy a little pv 300 micro tod do this and just in program the registers you wish to change and you can set limits on them and passwords if needed.

They are dirt cheap now and you can prolly find a load of them on ebay.

Forgot about the 1747-DATM.
A PV 300 would be fine but no Panel Builder software here, Another reason for plug and play.

Thanks.

Another vote for RedLion.

I also thing the DTAM was DH-485. My first encounter with them was less than pleasurable. A PITA to say it nicely.