Tags in QuickDesigner translated to RSLOGIX

Paul, there seems to be a few "unknowns" here in your application.

First: Are you 100% sure that this QP application is the one for the application that you are speaking about?

(Because unless your Scanner Card is capable of scanning more than 32 words) (Maximum I:1.31/15), I really don't see how the tags are referenced to (I:034/00) in your QP application.

In Rslogix, if your card is inserted into slot 1, you will automatically have 64 words in total scanned, 32 for Inputs, and 32 for your outputs.

I remember that the RIO part of QP was a royal pain in the asssss though....I hope that I am not forgetting anything important.

As mentioned above, the syntax in the QP is

RRGS.Decimal
(Rack/Group/Slot.Bit)

Maybe post your RSS file, I can validate those hicups.
There is definately something that I am missing here...

Yes, I am sure that this QP is for this application. I have a copy of the .prj locally and the client sent in the qp as well, I downloaded the file off of the qp and compared, they are identical.

But like we said before, would I:1/434 in my RSLogix program map to 27/2 in QD?

But that does not correspond to what I know is existing and functioning in this program and QP.

From my first post, this logic is driven by a button with the following tags in QD:

1-I:030/14
2-O:031/15

RSLogix.gif

I know that O:6/4 is driven by 2 touchscreens, and a hard input button connected to an input card.

Thanks for the help and patience with this issue.

-Paul

I don't see a problem with addresses here; the usage of bits in a file, and the word/bit usage are both able to be used in a program. I have several that do this.

Ok, cool. So how what would by tags be on my button to write to this XIC:

rslogix2.gif

keeping in mind what worked for the previous example.

Thanks. This is turning out like a quiz for RSLogix and QuickDesigner!

tomalbright said:
I don't see a problem with addresses here; the usage of bits in a file, and the word/bit usage are both able to be used in a program. I have several that do this.

That really doesn't address this issue.

That looks right; if you enter the SN address as "I:1.27/2", you get that address. You can change the View options to show the address I typed in, though! Look under "Address" in the "View/Properties" box, and change the "Address Display" option to that format.

SNK said:
That really doesn't address this issue.

I think it does; there's confusion over addressing. I think he's looking at one type of address, and confusing it with another. The PLC and QP don't care about the format, and you can use both types.

Ok,

But then why would a button in QD with a tag 1-I:030/14 and 2-O:031/15 control I1:24/12?

That is what does not make sense to me.

-Paul

I've gone back through this thread, and I think I need to see the logic on this one, if you could post it. I'm scrambling to find my QD application, I changed hard drives, and missed it somewhere...

I'm getting confused, too.

The logic of both the example and the button I XIC bit that I am trying to write to are posted.

The one I am trying to control is I1:434.

The example that I gave that I know functions correctly uses input I1:396.

Both are selected in the images that I posted above so that they are easy to identify.

-Paul

Yes, but how do I make it work fine, and why does my example work the way it does. I can just go with it and make my button tag I:027/2 and jsut hope it works and send the TP back to the client, but I want to know why it works so that I can be a bit more sure of myself.

Address the button for the scanner address, which is a little different. It's a block of IO addresses, yours would be either I:1/434 or I:1.27/2. The QP uses just basic IO, and the IO file isn't usually addressed by its actual file IO. You would be looking at a number, like:

I(always file 1):word/bit, or I:word/bit, or I:1/bit.

The File number is optional, word and bit are not. It looks like it addresses IO the "normal" way, which would be, in your case, "I:027/2".

I got the file loaded, and the way the addresses are used is odd. The I/O 33 and 34 addresses don't jive. I'm working on it.

Yeah, it seems odd to me too, from the other pannels that I have worked on most of the addresses seem much lower, in other systems that I am just browsing the QP files from, the addresses are in the 20-24 range.

-Paul

Nevermind, there are three QPs per system and on the one located in the bedroom, they seem to always be in the 30-32 range. In the galley they are 20-22 range.