Tank level rslogix 5000 program. I’ve got errors on rung 2,3,4. Do u see the problems? Also does my geq n les look right?

floats (REAL data types; FLOAT IN 1 and FLOAT OUT 0 and FLOAT OUT 1) cannot be the operands of contact or coils; perhaps you mean to make the contacts comparisons (les, grt, etc.), but I have no idea what quantity you are trying to write to a float with the coils.

what are you trying to do? what behavior are you trying to model? if this was an operator and not a PLC, what instructions would they be following? what is the meaning of the various input bits? The meanings of PUMP START and PUMP STOP are easy to guess, but what do HAND FILL and AUTO FILL mean?

What is your background? What other kinds of programming experience do you have? Is this a homework assignment?

floats (REAL data types; FLOAT IN 1 and FLOAT OUT 0 and FLOAT OUT 1) cannot be the operands of contact or coils; perhaps you mean to make the contacts comparisons (les, grt, etc.), but I have no idea what quantity you are trying to write to a float with the coils.

what are you trying to do? what behavior are you trying to model? if this was an operator and not a PLC, what instructions would they be following? what is the meaning of the various input bits? The meanings of PUMP START and PUMP STOP are easy to guess, but what do HAND FILL and AUTO FILL mean?

What is your background? What other kinds of programming experience do you have? Is this a homework assignment?
My goal is to convert tank level from cm to inches then in hand mode the valve will shut off at 35". In auto mote the fill valve will turn on when the water level drops to 15 inches and then turn off when the level reaches 20 inches. Im following the scene on Factory IO called EET-Level Control5000.

For your conversion just use an unconditional rung to a MUL or CPT. You should be converting every scan.

For Hand mode just use xic HandMode LES level 35 OTE valve

For Auto use xic Auto Mode Les 15 Les 20 OTE auto request. Latch the les 15 with the auto request. Use the auto request in parallel with the hand condition rung to turn on valve.

For your conversion just use an unconditional rung to a MUL or CPT. You should be converting every scan.

For Hand mode just use xic HandMode LES level 35 OTE valve

For Auto use xic Auto Mode Les 15 Les 20 OTE auto request. Latch the les 15 with the auto request. Use the auto request in parallel with the hand condition rung to turn on valve.
This will require four rungs:
  • Unconditional MUL to convert cm to inches
  • Start/Stop Circuit pattern (see here) to put Pump in RUN mode
    • Start condition: pump start button is pressed (XIC PUMP START)
    • Stop condition: pump stop button is pressed (XIC PUMP STOP - pump stops when PUMP STOP bit value is 0)
    • Seal-in/Run: RUN bit - seal-in test is XIC, and output is OTE (coil)
    • Note that this encodes the logic IF (pump start pressed OR pump is already running) AND (pump stop is not pressed) THEN run pump ELSE do not run pump
  • Modified Start/Stop Circuit pattern to handle hand and auto fill
    • Output bit is OPEN_VALVE_COMMAND (OTE)
    • Two branches feeds that OTE
      • Top branch encodes IF (I HAND FILL) AND (inches level less than 35)
      • Bottom branch is left half of Start/Stop Circuit pattern
        • Start condition: inches level < 15
        • Stop condition: inches level > 20 OR (NOT (II AUTO FILL))
          • coded as NOT Stop, so (inches level < 20) AND (II AUTO FILL)
        • Seal-in condition: OPEN_VALVE_COMMAND
  • final rung
    • EITHER writes 100.0 (%) to FLOAT_OUT_1 if OPEN_VALVE_COMMAND value is 1 (XIC)
    • OR writes 0.0 to FLOAT_OUT_1 if OPEN_VALVE_COMMAND value is 0 (XIO)
    • Note that you could unconditionally write 0.0 to FLOAT_OUT_1 at the start of the rung, and then conditionally write 100.0 to FLOAT_OUT_1 after testing the value of OPEN_VALVE_COMMAND with an XIC instruction