TCP IP communication in Vijeo Citect

HenryDan

Hi there,

I am a dummy user of Vijeo Citect. I am going to communicate with Allen Bradley PLC via TCP IP protocol from Vijeo Citect. My problem is that I can not configure the OPC(OFS) to connect Vijeo runtime to the plc and because of that problem when I double click of the "Express I/O Device Steup" in Citect Explorer nothing was happend. Please help me

Thanks,
Henry

I BELIEVE that Vijeo is basically the same as "normal" Citect.
If that is the case then you are talking about two different protocols, firstly you state "communicate with Allen Bradley PLC via TCP IP protocol" then later "I can not configure the OPC(OFS) to connect" you do not need to use OPC. You can set Citect up to communicate directly to Allen Bradley PLC's. What sort of PLC ? SLC500 , PLC5 or ControlLogix ? In "normal" Citect the I/O device setup is also available from the Tools menu available in the Citect Explorer.

I BELIEVE that Vijeo is basically the same as "normal" Citect
They are basically the same, Vijeo Citect just has some extra features when used with Schneider products (linked database and some extra libraries)