Tia Portal 17 Split instruction

steu

Good morning

I have a 1500 CPU with a RS232 card.
I receive fom serial card a string like:

123.45 1457.23 456.34 892.34

I need to split the string in array of string with a value for each string of the array.

To do this I thought to use a split instruction using a space like separator, I'm not able to use this instruction the Help on line is not well explained.
Can someone write down an example with the parameter of FC?
thank you in advance

... To do this I thought to use a split instruction using a space like separator, I'm not able to use this instruction the Help on line is not well explained.
Can someone write down an example with the parameter of FC?
Yes; see below.

OP will need to adapt this example, i.e. use the delimiting (SPLIT.RecSeparator) and terminating (SPLIT.EndSeparator) character suited for their own process.

An alternative to the Equals comparison instruction (-]==[-) would be to always write a 0 into the [SPLIT.Position] parameter (misc.start_pos in the example) just before the SPLIT instruction on each scan, so the SPLIT instruction will perform the splitting on every scan.
splitter_01.png