TIA Portal V11 S7...Flex and compatibility

Just FYI, I decided to keep STEP 7 V5.5 and WinCC 2008 on a separate Virtualbox virtual PC from TIA V13. STEP 7 V5.5 is Windows 7 32-bit, and TIA v13 is Windows 7 64-bit.
STEP7 v5.5+SP4 and WinCC Flexible 2008+SP3 support 64-bit.
Like I said before, I run these on a Windows 7 64-bit, alongside TIA.

No problem with that...in fact my intention ....but how do you import/convert an old project (S7 5.4 and Flex 2008 with Drives integrated) ?
From my brief attempt at project import...the S7 imported, but V11 required that Flex was installed.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/58638200

There is a migration tool that can be installed in the classic environment. It creates a file that you can then migrate into Portal if they are on different computers.

Such a shame that siemens didn't choose to add support for the MP range of panels to TIA

They support the MPx77 panels in Portal, just not the x70 series. Regardless, all of them are Spare parts only at this point; you can't buy new ones, except maybe from ebay.

I would then just install WinCC flexible on the TIA V11 machine. Yes it will use more disk space... but I just like to keep installations as clean as possible.

Having thought long and hard (7 minutes) - I'm going to use the import tool and just go straight for it and use V13 for now as a clean install - I can where this is going, like a failed install of flex 2008 which takes weeks to tidy up before the damned thing will install again.

At one time there was a STEP 7 software package add-on I needed that wouldn't work in 64-bit Windows. That's why I settled on 32-bit for STEP 7 V5.x.

This is where i'm having doubts - I mean V13 supports iMap and has something like starter built in doesn't it?
Not because I ever plan on using iMap again given the choice, but because I have older products that use it.

It makes sense to have separate VMs, one (64-bit) for the latest-and-greatest and most uptodate software, and another (32-bit) for legacy software such as Protool.

It makes sense to have separate VMs, one (64-bit) for the latest-and-greatest and most uptodate software, and another (32-bit) for legacy software such as Protool.

Yap....I think I've already converted all my old protool projects to flex with the exception of one old TP27 in Croatia - As I recall they never paid the retainer money to us....and I'm fairly sure I never gave them the processor password (twas an old 315 2P with the house brick sized memory card that ya couldn't lift the password off of).
I guess the damned thing must be still be plodding on after all these years.

Hmm two VM's ....one 32 bit and one 64 bit.....Guess that means 3 windows licenses :-(