TIA v14 LAD - Read access to parameter is invalid

Should I add a rung at the start of each network in the FC that references the original parameter?

Logic that compiles ok in S7 v5.6 does not necessarily compile in TIA, you will have to change the logic in the TIA project. Without sight of your blocks it will be difficult to advise what to do. The message is trying to convey (not very well) that you must have a coil for the M flag, not a set or reset

Huh, I did not know that you couldn't set/reset standard tags, only coils. Good to know.

Nobody asked the question what you are doing in a Safety programme, if you don't know how to programme it
It sounds scary to me šŸ˜±

I thought he said he was migrating from Simatic Manager to Portal. I'm assuming he was only in the safety because it had an error, because Portal did something differently than the old software.