That at the end of the day, you need to reset the value
so you can start tracking the new day at Midnight

Lets say that on Monday the lowest Value was 50,000 KW
So Tuesday rolls around and now you need to store the lowest
value for Tuesday, but on Tuesday it never goes below
55,000 KW so if you are comparing it to the last known lowest
value it would never record that lowest number for Tuesday

Maybe I am not getting it

Let's assume you are storing the 'Lowest Value' in a DINT. At midnight, after storing the 'Lowest Value' for the previous day, reset the 'Lowest Value' to the highest possible positive number. In the case of a DINT that would be 2,147,483,647. Then carry on with the comparisons. Your very first reading will probably be a bit lower than that.