Trilogi PLC communication problem

dhillon

Hi,

I am just started using an small trologi PLC E10 NPN for one of our application. I am frustrated as I could not download my program in the processor. The application is DOS based and I am using windows XP for my Laptop and when I "program transfer" uder the controller,it shows me "comm port" problem. I checked with tech support and they said it is because of windows XP. I need widows 98 or so. I managed to get windows 98 and happens same thing OR does nothing while hitting "program transfer'. Could someone help me out why I am getting comm port problem?

Thanks

Dhillon

The software is not DOS-based according to the web, they have both DOS and windows versions:

"Both iTRiLOGI and WinTRiLOGI runs on Windows 98,Me,2000,NT,XP & Server2003"

yes, I am using serial port but due to some reason, it keep telling me that "No response from the processor, check com port". No luck yet!!

Thanks,