Trying to Find Manual for Siemens S5 Operations

I am looking to find a manual that gives a complete list of the instructions for the S5 PLC. I have downloaded the User Manual for the Step 5 Software from Siemens but it seems to carefully avoid discussing specific instructions or 'operations' as Siemens calls them. I have some existing S5 programs that I need to understand. I am not looking to find out what some function key shows me in Step 5. I really want to know what a particular instruction does to a bit, byte, word, etc. The programs are done in Statement List if that helps pin down what I need.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

Try this its for S7 but its still STL and may help it has a lot of general statments

And this S5 manuals...you might have these

What are you having trouble with?

There are some after market software packages that are good, I use IBH, but PG-2000 can convert your STL to ladder (what can be converted), I don't like STEP5, I dont like DOS...but thats just me

You can post your STL thats giving you issues and someone will help.

It depends On the Model.

Steve,

If I remember right, the reason Seamens does not talk about the commands in the Step5 manual is they are dependant on the Model. Not all models can do all things. If you know the model number then we can direct you to the right manual. If you folow the second link provided by geniusintraining and will expand "PLC",then "Simatic S5" then pick your model number you may be able to find what you need. Also like geniusintraining said post what you need explained and you will probably get the help you will need.

Larry

P.S. We/I you PG-2000 and love it. Will never use Seimens Step5 software again if I do not have to.

S5 STL Operation List

I have a complete list of S5 STL commands, including xreferences to the German equivalents and compatible CPU's.

It's scanned in from the old S5 programmers bible, the 'SIMATIC S5 Software Reference Guide' (a booklet I've never managed to find an electronic copy of) so the quality isn't great, but it's readable.

Being a scanned document it's too big to attach here, but I don't mind emailing it to anyone who needs it if you drop me your address via a PM.

Kevin H

Last edited: