Tuning Servo

feisaladam

Is it possible for me to tuning 2 servo at the same time, because this servo is connected by mechanical so I'm afraid that I need to tuning them on the same time, or is there any other recommendation for this application

The answer is yes but you must do it slowly and carefully. You must move the two actuators back and forth at the same time by issuing the same command to both actuators.
What we do is move both axes slowly from one spot to another and look at the trend. The trend should have the target position of both axes and the actual position of both axes. Since both axes are going from the same place from the same place you really only need one target position. After making a slow move you check for following errors. The actual positions should be the same or close. Then you increase the speed again I will then check to see if an axis is leading or following the target position and adjust its feed forward accordingly. Both actual position should be following the target position. Increas the speed a little more and keep adjusting the controller gains.

It is best to have a skew detect between the actuators and a following error check if the actuators are not following the target position. If there is a problem then both actuators need to be issued a stop command at the same time using the same command.

The answer is yes but you must do it slowly and carefully. You must move the two actuators back and forth at the same time by issuing the same command to both actuators.
What we do is move both axes slowly from one spot to another and look at the trend. The trend should have the target position of both axes and the actual position of both axes. Since both axes are going from the same place from the same place you really only need one target position. After making a slow move you check for following errors. The actual positions should be the same or close. Then you increase the speed again I will then check to see if an axis is leading or following the target position and adjust its feed forward accordingly. Both actual position should be following the target position. Increas the speed a little more and keep adjusting the controller gains.

It is best to have a skew detect between the actuators and a following error check if the actuators are not following the target position. If there is a problem then both actuators need to be issued a stop command at the same time using the same command.
Okay, thank you. I will try to do it