TwinCat 3 - connection to softPLC

italo2008

Hi All

I am not very skilled on TwinCat

This is the situation: We are switching from phisical PLC (CX5120) to softPLC (we use HMI, that is a win10 OS industrial PC, for both Scada and SoftPLC).

I installed twincat on PC (HMI), and my PLC application is running and communicating with Scada.

What I'm not able to do is connecting with my laptop and go online with SoftPLC, I can only open twinCat on HMI and working with remote desktop.

I can see the softPLC on the window that you can see in attached screenshot, but i can NOT connect to it. If I try to click on "add route", it asks for credentials (As usual, I put "Administrator" and "1"), but then nothing happens, neither error messages nor "X" or other drawings under "connected" column

any suggestions?

Thank you

connect.PNG

You need to setup the firewall so that it does not block the ports needed by the ADS routes. This is documented somewher ib the Beckohff help.

The Windows firewall would be the first thing I'd check.

Also, the Administrator/1 login is the default for Beckhoff CX devices. Since you seem to be using some other brand of industrial PC/HMI, be sure you are using the Windows login credentials for that device when adding the route.