Two REAL Modbus registers from one PLC as two in another

cootr

Hi,

I'm trying to read Modbus Ethernet data from a Bentley Nevada 3500 system in a Tricon. I'm reading BOOL and DINT data just fine, but when it comes to REAL registers, I believe that the BN is sending two registers to one in the Tricon (I think the BN is a 16bit system and the Tricon is 32bit). The Tricon has special Modbus registers that handle this situation (33001 is 35001 and 35002, 33002 is 35003 and 35004 and so forth), but where they stick them is out of the possible range of the DCS which is using TDC 3000.

Is there any way to split the one Modbus register into two using any sort of math or data manipulation?

Similar Topics

Hello, First, please excuse my question I am new to Modbus. I have a CX-5140 control unit from Beckhoff and an instrumentation device that...
Replies
Views
The topic of reading or writing floating-point values via Modbus seems to come up regularly, and it is to my mind not that difficult. That said...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm using AB plc 5370(Modbus TCP slave progm type) with GE cimplicity scada V8.1. For DI,DO,AI communication is working good. But, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all- I have a project using a RL Datastation Plus where I may need to move some Allen Bradley REAL tags over to the customers Modbus TCP...
Replies
Views
I have a prosoft MNET module in a AB controllogix rack and im sending data to a DCS (ABB infi90) which is reading it as a Float. I send the real...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom