Uploading program from Siemens PLC via CP 343-1

yam

Hi everyone,

I want to upload the program from my CPU317TF-2 DP to my PC via connecting to CP 343-1 Advanced since it has LAN ports and the CPU has none.
They are connected in 1 Rack, CPU slot 02/03 and CP is slot 4.
The IP address for the CPU will not be shown since it has no LAN connections, only Profibus cable.
I am receiving an error "Downloading the configuration is only possible via a CPU...." The only address showing is the CP.
I am sure that it is possible to do a backup from CP on this case because I have done it before. But I can't remember because I was too occupied to resolve the issue.
I have tried using MPI cable as well, but I am receiving error message, "Online: The local MPI address for the programming device/PC is higher than the maximum node address or the wrong transmission rate or wrong interrupt is set." Address is set to 0 and transmission rate is 185kbs.

Kindly help to resolve both connection issues. Thank you

this thread should help you