USB to serial adapter for EZTouch HMI

sabreflier

I'm using a keyspan USB to serial adapter trying to connect to a touch panel. I have successfully uploaded to this panel in the past with our old laptop which has an on-board serial port. EZAutomation is telling me the only adapter they know to work without problems is the Aten UC-232c adapter. Anyone have any experience with this model? Are there any other adapters out there that you know work to talk to the EZTouch?

I bought the Keyspan adapter after reading a number of posts on this site that recommended them. I don't want to get in the situation where I have numerous adapters in my laptop case, one for every different device I need to talk to.

Thanks..

I have used the Aten and the Keyspan. The Aten has been iffy. My Keyspan has been rock-solid. I have downloaded to EZTouches with it. You do also need the blue Automation Direct cable though.