VPN config in Simatic Manager

ScottBridges

I have a VPN set-up from my Laptop to the plant ethernet network that seems to work well. I can ping all of the PLCs and HMIs on the plant without any problem (S7 and Siemens HMI).

However, I cannot seem to configure Simatic Manager to succesfully connect to anything at all. I've set it up with TCP/IP for the VPN network but when I try to see the accessible nodes, I get nothing back.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Can you connect over the network in the plant ok, or do you usually plug in locally, for example into the same switch that the PLC is connected to?

I had a problem where I could not connect to a PLC over our factory network, but could if I was plugged in to the same switch as the PLC.
This was fixed by adding the network gateway address into the config of the Ethernet Interface Properties in the PLC project.

Regards,
Phill