Writing to PLC - AB SLC505 help me... PLEASE

Thank you for all your replies and valuable wisdom, it is very much appreciated. I am aware that the cheap solution is very ugly, and i am waiting for a matricon person now to try this OPC server thing, the only kicker with the other better solutions is that it'll be a pain to learn how to interface it with my php-app that chooses where to place orders (writing a program would be great, IF i had development tools at the office... which i don't)

I think it's time to start experimenting, thanks again for your input, i'll post my solution to this board after my experiments.

Hi not124get,

The easiest part is what you think a difficult part. It's as simple as adding OPC Client dll library and use to fetch data from the OPC Server.

What development environment do you use or planning to use?
What language you're planning to write you application in?

I have PHP and Excel... for all the coding outside of the PLC (for that i have RSLogix500). As you can see i'm very limited...

But would you be able to instruct me on how to add those dlls and how to use them(just the basic write and read if possible)? If it really will simplify this whole thing, maybe i can persuade them to get me a development environment to work with.

I'll be your man if you're planning to develop your application in .NET Framework language (VB.NET or C# / ASP.NET).

I wouldn't mind to work with you all the way long.

Ok, let's do this. Contact me when the OPC Server in place. Send the 'items' You want to read from the OPC Server. I'll develop a console application that reads these items and send it to you for testing.

Before doing that, please install .NET Framework 1.1

How about this?

My email address is [email protected]