IO Modules appear Unknown in Software

enginesuck

Good Morning,

This is my first post on PLCS.net I look forward to contributing with more than questions in the future !

I recently opened up RS Logix 5000 program and the AB 1794-0B8EP IO modules are showing as "unknown" in the tree.

I can navigate to the controller both in RSLinx and RSLogix5000 however when I attempt to go online I get a fatal error.

I am confident the software is sound as I have been able to communicate using the same software on another Laptop. Also the IO modules are showing in the tree in the software when I open on this laptop.

I have downloaded the EDS Files so I think that base is covered.

Would deleting the harmony files be a good move ? I am reluctant to do anything irreversible as im working remotely !

I am a relative novice and would appreciate any guidance members may be able to provide.

eg

(0) 1756-L63 software 123 abc
(1) 1756-CNBR/D
ControlNet
1756-CNBR/D
5 Unknown
6 Unknown
7 Unknown

etc etc

Thanks in advance

you probably need to download and install an AOP (Add-On Profile) for that module onto your computer ... go to the Allen-Bradley website and poke around under "Support" stuff ...

"BASIC" idea = EDS (Electronic Data Sheets) are used by RSLinx ... AOP (Add-On Profiles) are used by RSLogix5000/Studio5000 ...

and welcome to the forum ...