Can I buy it at Radio Shack?

piscis

I must deliver a project on Monday and it involves 3 analog signals connected at an AB 505 CPU 13 slots rack, the module card number is 1746-NI8.

I just realized that I do not have a way to simulate this 4-20ma signal and I do not have time to research it any further.

Do anyone here knows if I can just go to Radio Shack and purchase a devise or component that will allow me to simulate this 4-20ma signal?

Any idea and advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

You can similuate the analog signal, (for testing your program), by referencing another memory location, (other then the analog card), and manipulating the value in that "test" mem with another device such a an encoder or HMI, or even 8, or 16 switches on a digital Input card.

Dont forget to reset the reference back to the analog card once your done with your program...

Edit: looking at the info in Norm's post above, this looks like the way to go. LM317s are common and you should be able to get it togeather quickly.

Last edited:
Fluke my friend Fluke

Well worth the money spent, I bought the 785. It does it all. A beautiful tool for any integrator or plant engineer dealing with analog, RTD, thermocouple. It is the bomb. You can sometimes find on e-bay for half the price of new, I did.

Like always you guys are amazing!!!!

Thanks everyone I think I will go with the LM317s suggestion, it is economical, locally available and will allow as many signals as you can build.

Thanks again

Andy