Analog input settings changing on their own

RickParrot

I have been having problems with an analog input card(class 3). Everytime I go into the I/O configuration to look at its settings, they change!!! One their own!!! What is going on? Ex: Channel 1 will change from a 0-10vdc to 4-20ma, or the Raw Data will change to Engineering units! :confused: Please help.

It might help if you tell the forum what PLC and analog card you have.

If you can, post the PLC's program. Zip it first.

Memory module installed? If so does it have the latest program?

Last edited:
When did this begin? Was it after a program change?
Maybe something is overwriting the Channel n Configuration Word.
When we get the zipped program, we will be able to look.

I've deleted rungs and reloaded in an effort to find the culprit. The program is down to just a few analog inputs and 3 outputs and a sampling timer. It doesn't manipulate the analog configuration as often and as severely NOW, but it still happening. How do I attach the zipped file of the program here? I don't see the icon.
Following Micky's advise, I will simply tell you the instruction PRECEEDING the COP instruction is: MOV
Source I:4.2
Dest F8:101

Channel 1 just changed back to a 4-20, on its own. The rung and instruction just above the COP instruction for this I/O channel that changed is:
CPT
Dest N7:0
Expression 100

This is really weird now. I've discovered that the analog channel specs ONLY change WHILE I'm online. If I go offline and then go back online, all the analog channel specs are as they should be with me repairing any of them. I am using ethernet and WIFI to talk to the 551.

Hey Rick,

Please use the "edit post" button to keep things a little bit organized.