Undisclosed Identifier

damica1

Hello:

I'm working in Connected Component Workbench and I'm trying to create a simple AWT function with structure text but I keep getting "Undisclosed Identifier" error.

But every time I try to build, I get the error.

All of my variables are created.

Thanks

Undisclosed.jpg

I can see that Begin is a BOOL. Could you confirm the other datatypes?:

TextModeEnabled -> AWAAWT (the channel and lenght to be operated)
EnableTextMode -> ASCIILOCADDR (the source string, char array)

Are you copy&paste the code from a PDF? Sometimes it's better to write the code because during copy&paste operations you can paste hidden characters.

Yes they are the correct data types. Once you create the variables, and you start to create your Structure Text when you start typing your choice of variables pop up for you to select.

I can use these exact same variables with a Ladder AWT function block so I know my data types are set up correctly. The ladder will work perfectly I just want to do it in structure text.

Thanks any other Ideas?

If I had CCW installed on my laptop would be easier to find a solution.

Anyway, I would recommend you to download the reference manual Programmable Controllers General Instructions (2080-rm001_-en-e.pdf). Check page 133.

From AB knowledge base

An 'Undeclared Identifiers' error will be seen after building when the controller does not recognize the variable. You can either:

create a new variable or
select a variable the controller recognizes.
To create a new variable, open the Global (or Local) Variables folder and configure the new variable Name, Data Type, etc.

To select an existing variable, click on the top of the variable block. From here, you will get a drop down menu of all existing variable names that can be assigned to that location. Scroll down to view all recognized variables.his

Also this
Be careful with copying and pasting text in Connected Component Workbench Structured Text editor, especially from sources like PDF files. It may happen that you copy some non-visible characters which cause the Build process to f