Logix5K "Data upload did not complete. Internal Object Identifier (IOI) desti...

Yesterday I updated the firmware on 10x 1756-L55 ControlLogix plc's for a customer from version 10 to version 13 so they can get online using Windows 7 instead of XP. The last unit I came to do would not allow me to successfully perform an upload so I can ensure that when I re-download the project after the firmware update the customer doesn't lose anything. The upload starts but while uploading the tags database it comes up with the error described in this thread. I've tried uploading by Ethernet through a switch and and also direct into the ENBT card with a cross-over cable as well as through the cpu comm port using RS232 but the results are always the same. I've tried Googling this but there seems very little information out there. Has anyone come across this before and found the cause & hopefully a solution?

I've used V13 on Windows 7 and haven't come across any issues with it so far. Another customer of mine has previously upgraded 8x 1756-L55 CPU's from version 10 to version 13 for the same reasons and as far as I'm aware they've had no problems either.

I've had issues with v13 talking to 32-bit Windows 7, but not 64 bit Windows 7.

Which makes no sense to me, I would have thought the reverse would be true. So I'm not 100% convinced that's the real problem, more likely a system setting somewhere that my old 32 bit machine had and the new 64 bit machine doesn't.

TL;DR; Windows 7 will work with v13, but there are things out there that will break it for you :)

The problem I experienced was trying to perform an upload in version 10 using it in XP. I need to perform the upload so I can flash the CPU to version 13. My copy of the program is 6 or 7 years out of date and it's not close enough to what is in there to go online without an upload.

I have this exact same issue now and wondered if you found a resolution? I have an old copy of the program but it is years out of date and the customer doesn't have a newer version. I can't get online without an upload and the upload fails every time. Any help would be much appreciated.

IIRC, we replaced the processor and things went back to normal.

Logix Designer Upload Error IOI destination unknown

I know this is an old post, but I'm new.

I have run into this problem before and the fix in my particular instance was to save the project without uploading the tag data. I then closed the project and re-opened it, went to communication / who active and selected the processor from the tree. Click upload and re-upload the entire project from the controller. Once completed go online and you should be able to re-save the project and upload tag data.

Hope this helps someone out, because there isn't much out there on this particular error code ( 732-80042983).

Error - Import failure
There was a failure while performing an import. Possible causes are listed below:

Unsupported components for the import
The .L5X file you are attempting to import contains components that are not supported for the import component type.

See the Errors window for a list of the offending components.

Out of tag memory in the controller
You are low on memory and the import cannot be completed.

Controller cannot be modified when locked by another workstation
You are attempting to modify a controller that is locked by another workstation.

You should be able to perform the modification once the controller is unlocked from the other workstation.

You are trying to import a secured .L5X file from an instance of RSLogix 5000 that does not have security enabled.
RSLogix 5000 must have security enabled and properly configured in order to be able to open secured project files. See your security administrator to have your workstation properly configured, or request a version of the project file that is not secured.

With a .L5K file (not necessarily a .L5X file, I never used those much), RS5k will give you the line number where it failed. You can then open the file in Notepad ++ and see the offending line.