Omron CJ1G CPU44H

don2405

Hello Guys,
I removed an Omron CJ1G CPU44H CPU (leaving the I/O's on the din rail)with the intention of uploading the program.
When I Powered up the Cpu I saw the ERR light ON(steady)and cannot communicate with the CPU, the manual says it is a Fatal error. Is that correct?

I need to upload the program( hoping it is not password locked from the vendor)There are two other machines with this same Cpu.
Is it possible to upload the from the usb port while in RUN MODE(232 is occupied)?

I am familar with AB and AD, no experience with OMRON.

When the ERR light is on steady it is a fatal error.

It is possible to upload from either port on the front of the CPU. The program can be uploaded when in run mode.

Regards,

Thanks Gary,
Wheww!So i guess this fatal error renders the CPU usless?

I just bought a cable to used on the pheripheral port on the other
machines.

Thanks

The fatal error does not always mean that the CPU is no longer good. If the program were to be removed, this would also cause a fatal error.
When connected to the software it should call up what the fatal error number / reason.

Regards,

The Cpu was removed ( leaving back the i/o's) from the machine yesterday( machine was inoperable for approx 1 year so power was removed)
As soon as I powered the CPU the ERR light on, all dip switches are in the off position.
Using CX-one V4.32,I tried connecting ( auto connect) to the 232 serial port using my keyspan converter and no success.

I am new to Omron,can you give me some tips? Ab and AD seems easy

Have you connected before to an Omron using this converter?
Note that the connections for the Omron use pin 9 for SG.
db9_omron.png

Regards,

I have never connected to an omron before with this converter, it is the keyspan USA-19HS usb to serial, worked for Automation direct and Allen bradley.
I just bought a converter, when it arrives i will give it another try.

Thanks

The Keyspan USA-19HS should work with the CJ1G providing that you have the correct connecting cable for the port that you are using and DIP switches 4 & 5 are set properly.
Your error light is most likely caused by not having the bus terminator CJ1W-TER01 connected to the CPU. It is probably still connected to the right hand end of the I/O rack.