Logix 5000 - Need case sensitive Replace All

MartyMaucher

I've got a lot of tags to edit and could really use a case sensitive Replace All. Apparently, the Logix 5000 v27 does not do this. For example, I need to replace all tags that contain AIn to Probe1 without replacing words like "Main" to "MProbe1". Any ideas?

case.PNG

I've got about 300 tags like this:
Gas1AIn
Gas2AIn
that I need to change to:
Gas1Probe1
Gas2Probe1
I'm wanting to match just the case sensitive part "AIn" instead of the whole word.

Logix Designer isn't ever case sensitive, even if it presents the correct case in its tag name display.

"AIn" = "AIN" = "ain".

If it were my system I would export to *.L5K and use a more powerful text editor like Notepad++.

Thanks Ken... that works. The default .ACD file is binary, but exporting to a .L5K file is all text that I can edit in my favorite editor, MultiEdit. Then I imported back to a .ACD file. I was able to change routine names, too.

Last edited: