C-more "parameter files"

ballack

Hello,
I recently got involved in a project involving a CompactLogix and a C-more EA9-TCL15 screen, although I have more than enough experience with panelviews, I´m having a hard time with these.

I´m wondering if there is something in the C-more software similar to parameter files in factorytalk, let´s say I have 50 valves and I want to have just 1 generic screen to manually operate them.

Any ideas?

I would set up two values on the screen. One for the parameter and one for the value. In the PLC, read the parameter and move the value to the appropriate location.

Regards,

Hello,
I recently got involved in a project involving a CompactLogix and a C-more EA9-TCL15 screen, although I have more than enough experience with panelviews, I´m having a hard time with these.

I´m wondering if there is something in the C-more software similar to parameter files in factorytalk, let´s say I have 50 valves and I want to have just 1 generic screen to manually operate them.

Any ideas?

I've never used Factory Talk:p, so please describe what you need to do with the ea9.

I got confused reading garry's post - NOT confused with what garry meant, but the valve vs value.
Please clarify.

Do you want ONE control to operate a valve and be able to select the desired valve to control?
One valve control on the screen -- or multiple?
If multiple, are the valve's controlling coil addressed sequentially? Grouped?

Alright, let me explain what I generally do in FactoryTalk.
Let's say for instance, that I have a system with 20 valves on it, I like to be able to force the ON and OFF manually, to do this, I create a generic screen with 2 buttons, "Force On" and "Force Off", whenever I call this generic screen I also pass (using a parameter file) an IO tag to each button that controls a bit in the PLC to enable or disable that output.

So for every different valve that I poke, I pass a diferent set of bits to the same generic screen.
I don't know if there is something similar in the C-more software

We have used the CMore a lot and it doesn't have that type of functionality.

You'll probably have to use either separate screens or support logic in the PLC.

We have used the CMore a lot and it doesn't have that type of functionality.

You'll probably have to use either separate screens or support logic in the PLC.

@bernie: Support logic is where I was going.
@ballack: do you really mean FORCE or more of a manual operation?

I'm not using Compactlogix: but probably any controller that supports arrays - or emulated arrays, can handle this.

On your generic screen have the ON and the OFF control.
Have a numeric index representing the specific valve -- A numeric entry or an INC/DEC control.... cmore does NOT support a numeric pushbutton, but you can emulate one in PLC.
After selecting the valve (number), the ON or OFF would SET/RESET/...(however you are comfortable) the array bit for that valve.
Finally, map out the array bit to the specific valve.

Make sure that your (supporting) logic handles the correct operation of the valve(s).
Also, be sure to have a default valve selection on entry to this screen--a default valve (preferably a non-existent valve.)