Anybody ever use Datalogic?

I have a job coming up that's adding a Datalogic MX series vision system to an existing CompactLogix PLC. I've got the AOP and AOI in my program, but as far as the specifics of triggering and receiving data, I'm completely at a loss. Their documentation is pretty terrible and the people there don't seem to know much about PLCs. I'm kind of soured on the company considering they had a big fancy booth and Automation Fair and had "ROCKWELL ENCOMPASS PARTNER" emblazoned everywhere. To me, that sends a message that integrating your stuff with Rockwell products is easy and that you have people there who can answer basic questions. If that's not the case, I have no idea why Rockwell is promoting you, honestly.

There's the basic stuff, going online and offline, triggering, that's easy. But I'm scratching my head at how I'm going to transmit my tool pass/fails. Is that User Data? And the sequence for triggering/changing jobs. I can't find any documentation on it. Just a list of the Ethernet/IP data mapping. And I thought Cognex was bad at documentation.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any code they're willing to share so it can give me something to use as a basis for my program.

Last edited: