Anybody else having fulfillment problems with REDLION HMIs?

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
11 months ago I ordered a 10" Redlion HMI. I was given an April delivery date. April came and went. I waited, and in June I asked our vendor. The supplier told me that the delivery date was now August and that the price had increased.

A price increase on an accepted order raised a red flag. That doesn't sound like the kind of behavior that a company like Redlion would engage in. I suspected that my vendor screwed up and never placed the order, but the salesman denied it.

August came and went and I was given an October delivery date. Then a December delivery date. Now I am told that this order will ship late in January.

Last edited:
Similar issues here. They have honored the prices at the time of our orders but I think we have about a dozen HMIs that were ordered as long as 14 months ago still not delivered. I had to resort to getting what was available from Allied in order to get projects done, often swapping a Graphite where a CR1000 was budgeted.

Supplier said that some of our orders are due to ship next week. It is very disappointing that Red Lion has not put out a statement to address these concerns.

A price increase on an accepted order raised a red flag. That doesn't sound like the kind of behavior that a company like Redlion would engage in.
A year or two ago I would have agreed with you, but I think the global chip shortage has changed the rules. We have had multiple vendors of electronic products make price adjustments on open purchase orders (with the option to cancel if you don't like it). The shortage has forced manufacturers to modify their designs with alternative chips which adds cost. I am fairly certain that this was done with the Red Lion CR1000. When we finally received an order of 7" screens last month that we had been waiting on for almost a year, I tried downgrading the firmware to the version I had been using previously with the exact same model. The graphics went totally wacko which tells me that the hardware is different. (No mention of it in the Crimson revision history though.)

Last edited:
We have had a couple of threads here that covered delays for most manufacturers. I ordered stuff from my Redlion supplier in January last year and eventually got them in November. I also had delivery dates in July last year that put me in to June this year for Siemens stuff. It doesn't help with your situation, but most companies are having delivery issues. It isn't just to do with chip supply problems, but also the Covid lockdowns in China.

I just received 24 cr3000 screens at the end of December. On order and pushed back numerous times. Last I have heard is all orders will be filled by March, so I was very surprised when they arrived. We have to replace the G310 screens (no longer repairable) so this is just the beginning of the order for our plants. Will be swapping out 342 total.

11 months ago I ordered a 10" Redlion HMI. I was given an April delivery date. April came and went. I waited, and in June I asked our vendor. The supplier told me that the delivery date was now August and that the price had increased.

A price increase on an accepted order raised a red flag. That doesn't sound like the kind of behavior that a company like Redlion would engage in. I suspected that my vendor screwed up and never placed the order, but the salesman denied it.

August came and went and I was given an October delivery date. Then a December delivery date. Now I am told that this order will ship late in January.

I had the same experience. Ordered (5) CR3000 10" in March and the delivery date slipped every month. Now being told January but who knows?

Customer is not happy and I don't blame them, but I still think these are the best on the market.

I had a CR1000 and a CR3000 quoted in October '21 to replace an AB PV+. Quote was for an 8 week delivery on the 3000 and 20wks on the 1000, so we ordered the 3000. Estimated delivery kept getting pushed back until finally it was 1/19/2023. It actually showed up earlier this week. Thankfully, I had a CR1000 on hand for another project that got delayed/cancelled so I was able to get the machine running. For other projects that I couldn't postpone, though, I searched and searched for alternative sources but ended up having to use Automation Direct C-More screens. I MUCH prefer the Red Lion, but we really needed to keep the timeline.

So, hopefully, it will start getting a little bit better.

seems like red lion was hit harder than any automation supplier. glad i went away from using their equipment.