rosemount temperature 248

shkoko2000

hi all,
please i need to ask about connection of three wire RTD to this transmitter when i look at the manual and found the connection as the attached pic, so i performed that then the hart gave sensor fail.
when i connect jumper between therminal 1 and 2, the reading becomes normal,
why this issue happen?
can anyone illustrate?

3 wire connection.png

I'm not sure why it says to leave it empty as most of the time if it has 4 wire input and you have a 3 wire rtd, the jumper is installed to the 4th terminal.

Could it be an issue with terminal numbering? If you declare thdt it is 3 wire and it has no connection then it faults. Or is it setup for 4 wire so it needs the jumper?

Or it could be a mistake in the manual.

Look at Post #21 in this thread:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=100074&highlight=Rosemount&page=2

where I posted a screen shot of an error I found in Rosemount's 644 temperature transmitter manual. Polarity is backwards.

Another major instrumentation vendor private labels their DIN rail mount and head mounted temperature transmitters and has similar issues with mistakes in the manual.

hmmm. Dan I think you.are.onto something. I had the same issues with a Fisher MVS205R which is also Emerson