rosemount 3051 CD

shkoko2000

hi all,
i need to know that "are this transmitter convert the measured diff. pressure value to level value or how i can convert it as plc have only the scaling equation."

If you want to use differential pressure measurement for Level measurement you must scale the range of it in relationship to the head pressure expected to be in the tank at full. Typical use is "h20, lets say your tank is 10 feet tall, and has water in it, then your scale would be 0-120" h20, or less if you want some wiggle room. Now if it is not water, you must figure out the RD of the product (water is 1.0 RD) so for example. Oil can be.6-.8 RD. .8 x 120 is 96" this is because the fluid is lighter and therefor takes more to make the same head pressure.

it is not a setup in the transmitter, unless you set the display up to % it can resemble level, but the range will still be in "h20. you can also convert that pressure into any of the others after the calculation.

Yes so scale the raw value to be 0-100% level as well. not sure what brand plc you have but it should say how to in the manual. also your low pressure side needs o be attached to.top of tank if it isn't open to atmosphere. and then that also can lead to situations where you.need the low side filled with fluid but that's for a later discussion

A DP transmitter measures head pressure in units of water column, like mm H2O or m H2O, or inches water column.

Head pressure divided by specific gravity = level

If specific gravity (SG) is 0.90,
then DP of 2.43 m H2O is a level of
2.43m/0.90 = 2.70m liquid