Use Siemens HMI as NTP Server

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I will keep it short :).

Can I use my Siemens TP (comfort) as an NTP server to make it easy to synchronize PLC time?

Do you want to synchronize different PLCs on the same network or just to update the PLC internal clock?

MifPT

I have one screen and one panel. It is fairly easy to go into the HMI and change the system clock, just wondering if I can automatically sync my PLC clock to match the HMI clock

I have one screen and one panel. It is fairly easy to go into the HMI and change the system clock, just wondering if I can automatically sync my PLC clock to match the HMI clock

boneless:
Yes you can sync the date/time from the HMI to the PLC.
There is a Siemens document that explains you how to do it:

https://cache.industry.siemens.com/...v1/39182145_s7-1200_hmi_time_sync_howto_e.pdf

If you have a network, several PLCs, you can also sync the time/date on those from the main PLC.

Hope it helps,
MifPT

If you are using a 1200 or 1500, then it can do time sync as part of the normal communications driver.