Wincc & Opc

Prince

Hi Pals

I was never in the HMI business, at least not big ones and I am interested to get in. I wondered if anybody will help me about my questions:

1 - Must I purchase a new pack of Wincc software for each of the pcs that I program, or Wincc can make independant applications to be run on different PCs of the line. ( e.g. if I want to install a system involving 3 PCs controlling different sections of the site How many Packs of the WinCC software I must purchase ? What else Must I have ? )

2 - As I understood Wincc have some problem in running on XP. Is there a new version capable of doing so , Or another way you suggest to help me ? .

3 - If I want to use a normal OPC server like Kapeware. How must I connect the writen application to the server.

Thanx

P.S : Sorry if the questions are not that beautiful I am trying to learn things.

Hi Prince,

The Wincc equiped PC's we use where purchased as a group license, but i think normally you purchase a copy individually. Wincc also requires a licence which is dictated by how many Tags you require for your projects ie 128,256 etc.

You can also run Wincc in demo mode but i think there are restrictions. A package called Simatic net includes a OPC server.

As for XP i run V6.0 on my laptop and i've had no problems so far.

I hope this is of some Help

Regards
Steve