Unity to OFS tag export

matwon

Hi there,

When an alias is configured in OFS using a .xvm file generated from unity (quantum plc), does OFS uses the topological addresses? We are moving IO cards around on a rack so the topological addresses will change. I was wondering if I will have to generate another tag export and update the OFS server.

I am also swapping a IO drop that is connected via modbus+ (CRA 211 10). A 140CRA31200 Rio Drop E/IP will be installed instead. I was told that the IO addressing will change? Is that the case?

Thanks!🍺

Matt I have not used OFS before but when using the schneider magelis hmi you have to update the link in vijeo designer and download again to the hmi if any change was made to the unity program adressing.
I suspect you will have to update the ofs again....Especially when using internal unlocated memory. Everytime you build in unity these objects get a new "address" or link in the xvm file....

i tried to use unlocated tags and OFS on our last project and went back to addressing all the tags and using the modbus driver. can't remember why. one more program full of settings to manage and restart when things change?

Matt I have not used OFS before but when using the schneider magelis hmi you have to update the link in vijeo designer and download again to the hmi if any change was made to the unity program adressing.
I suspect you will have to update the ofs again....Especially when using internal unlocated memory. Everytime you build in unity these objects get a new "address" or link in the xvm file....

There is data dictionary setting for this. If you enable it, changing PLC program won't make updating old hmi tags necessary. (unlocated variables)
It is done automatically behind.
By default data dictionary is setted off.

Data dictionary is on project settings-> general -> PLC embedded data