Red Lion Graphite 10"

Edmhydraulics

Hey all I am quoting a system with numerous Graphite 10" HMI's. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to record string data from 5 or 6 operator input fields into a data log file. I will be using the data log option with the HMI to record a couple channels of process data, but just wondering if there is a way I can wright a few lines of string to each file, operator name, work order, ect.

Hey all I am quoting a system with numerous Graphite 10" HMI's. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to record string data from 5 or 6 operator input fields into a data log file. I will be using the data log option with the HMI to record a couple channels of process data, but just wondering if there is a way I can wright a few lines of string to each file, operator name, work order, ect.

The data logger function can store string data in a csv file. Put each piece of String Data into individual Tags and add the Tags to a Data Log along with any process information you want and let it store automatically at an appropriate rate.

I have done this for heat treat applications that required storage of string data relating to the parts being treated.

Thanks for the insight, that helps a lot.

Its late and I am tired, so maybe this is a bit of a no-brainer, but I have another Red Lion Graphite question, this one is a G15.

Right now I am displaying the ISO 4406 - 3 digit cleanliness code of the hydraulic fluid using an online particle counter in the pressure line.

This displays the 4, 6, and 14 micron particle count on screen and in a trend graph on the page, the trend width is 8 hours as that is the usual shift and then they turn the power off on the machine and shut down.

Customer wants to be able to record and display 6 months of cleanliness data so they can gauge when they should maintenance their system, smart right, I thought so too.

I can and will save the data into a CSV file on the SD card on the unit and then set it up so that when you insert a USB stick it dumps all the new files to the USB stick, I have done this and it works well for other systems.

My question is this, can I save the data either internally on the G15 or on the SD card and then retrieve it from the memory on startup so the graph continues to display data for the entire 6 months? Like I said, I am tired, its been really busy, and thank the good lord, I have lots of work to do (lots of other people here are not so lucky), so maybe I am missing something easy here.

As a side note, this baler project turned into a real wiz-bang machine, instead of 35 year old controls, now they have a 15" Touchscreen, Laser Particle Counter, Laser Bin Full sensor, Auto-Strapping function with selectable total straps, fancy Light Curtain so the operator doesnt cut himself in half when he crawls into the machine. Its been really fun and I am thankful for all the help I have received on the forum.

Bueller....Bueller....Anyone......????

The reason I didn't answer is that I can't really figure out what you were asking.

If the machine (and display) are off, you will lose data during the time that it is off. It writes to the buffer and the csv file on a timed interval and if it is off, it can't write.

You can store up to 200 csv files, so if you do daily files that will be a little over 6 months. I would recommend daily files based on what you have mentioned, but there will be 16 hours per day that nothing is written either to the csv files, or the internal buffer.

The buffer should retain data during the 16 hours that it is off, but since it is time based, you will not get any benefit - also the buffer doesn't store data for very long term. Typically, days at most.

If you want to do this right, keep the machine on and you will store lots of zeros, but you will at least have all the data. If you can't do that, just be aware that there will be gaps in the data.

All that said, I go back to the start of my post, I don't really know what you are asking so this all might be of no use to you.

Thats very helpful, yes I know that the system will not store anything while the power is off, and there would be gaps. But you are suggesting I go the daily file route, thats okay, I can do that with no problems. I will set it up to download to a USB whenever one is inserted. That should work out okay.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Edm.