Powerflex ....... firmware upgrade ?

Karim Halawa

consider the running drive version 1.1 and replaced it by another one 1.4 ( written on drive itself ) .

This mean i need to upgrade the firmware for the 1.4 drive to 1.1 or 1.4 ?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

For clarity please provide the complete PowerFlex drive catalog number and what controller, if any, is controlling it.

If you are using a Logix 5000 controller...

When replacing a drive, you can drop in a newer firmware revision drive and either change the revision under the drive module properties or set Compatible Module for Electronic Keying. If you want or need Exact Match Electronic Keying and the new revision is not listed, then you may need to download and install the latest Add On Profile (AOP) for the drive, available from Rockwell Automation.

Regards,
George