1761-Net-Eni D module

macstorm

Hi,
I couldnt assign IP address to 1761-Net-ENi D series module. I do know there are lot of discussion went in this forum since 2003. I have did alll troubleshooting methods but there is no luck.

I have supplied 24VDC to the module.

1. I have connected Rs232 to PC and opened the ENI utility, and assigned the IP address when click download to ENI Rom "it says unable to connect check the cable/switch.

Second method.
2. I have connected Ethernet to 1761 module then used the Comdir, when i clicked load from ENI it says unable to connect.

After the power up cycle the RX/TX is blinking with amber(red).
Finally I couldnt assign the IP address. Pls suggest me some solution

Yes iam using 1761-CBL-PM02 cable.
Verified the com port in device manager it indicates Com port 1.

So i selected the Com1" and baud rate is 9600

I have checked with all baud rates but no luck

I think its module fault.

I have checked the power up sequence for the 1761-net-eni D series, it is said that Fault Led should flashes for 2 -4 sec. But in my case, the fault Led didnt flashes even once.

So my guess is that my module is fault

Sounds like a bad module. At times rslinx will retain control of the serial port. Try to reboot without starting rslinx again. This works sometimes.