PV+ 700/1000 config mode

plcstu1980

Hi, how do you go into config mode to change the ip address of a 2014 PV+ 1000 HMI. If you don't know the ip address and login password?

Thanks, Stuart

When the HMI boots, look for a small white square to appear in the bottom left of the screen and press it before it disappears, it should boot up into the config menu without starting the application.

Always post the Catalog Number...

plcstu1980 said:
...PV+ 700/1000 config mode...

Hi, how do you go into config mode to change the ip address of a 2014 PV+ 1000 HMI. If you don't know the ip address and login password?

Thanks, Stuart

jstolaruk said:
When the HMI boots, look for a small white square to appear in the bottom left of the screen and press it before it disappears, it should boot up into the config menu without starting the application.

What jstolaruk has posted is correct if it is a Touch or Key/Touch display module.

However, if it happens to be a Key only display module then...

(Apologies for the edit j!)

jstolaruk said:
When the HMI boots, look for a small white square to appear in the bottom left of the screen and press F1 before it disappears, it should boot up into the config menu without starting the application.

It may very well be a Touch module, but without the Catalog Number we can only assume, and we don't like to assume, especially when it's not necessary to...:site:

Regards,
George

What jstolaruk has posted is correct if it is a Touch or Key/Touch display module.

However, if it happens to be a Key only display module then...

(Apologies for the edit j!)

It may very well be a Touch module, but without the Catalog Number we can only assume, and we don't like to assume, especially when it's not necessary to...:site:

Regards,
George

Hi, Thanks for replies. It's CAT is 2711P-RP9D, touch screen. No white box on the newer HMI's, any other way to config?
Thanks

Try this: If you know the subnet that the HMI is on (by examining the IP address of the PLC that the HMI is monitoring) and you have FTView Studio development software, set your PC's IP address as if you were going to connect to the PLC, start FTView Studio and create a new project (of anything). Once the s/w has finished loading, change the tab in Explorer from "Application" to "Communications". AT this point FTView Enterprise has started and you can expand the Ethernet selection in the tree. I've found that Enterprise will display most everything the s/w can see in the local subnet.

If you put this line in an autorun.bat file on a USB drive and plug it in, it will create the text file with the IP address:
ipconfig > "USB Storage\ipconfig.txt"

Jack.

plcstu1980 said:
...It's CAT is 2711P-RP9D, touch screen. No white box on the newer HMI's, any other way to config?...

OK, we're getting somewhere, but just so you know, that is still not a full Catalog Number. So I still have to deduce some facts here...

2711P-RP9D is the Catalog Number for the Logic Module which is just one part of a base-configured PanelView Plus terminal; also known as an Assembled Terminal.

An assembled PanelView Plus terminal will be made up of at minimum a Logic Module and a Display Module, and optionally a Communications Module.

Let's say you have your 2711P-RP9D Logic Module and a possible 2711P-RDT10C Display Module. Combined they would make up the assembled Catalog Number of...

2711P-T10C4D9

This is a full Catalog Number for a factory assembled PanelView Plus 6 1000 terminal...

T = Input Type - Touch
10 = Display Size - 10.4"
C = Display Type - Colour
4 = Communications Option - Ethernet, RS-232, USB
D = Power - DC
9 = OS - Windows CE 6.0 with extended features

The first three items in the Catalog Number are determined by the Display Module 2711P-RDT10C, and the last three are determined by the Logic Module 2711P-RP9D.

If you have an assembled terminal then you should see a full Catalog Number on the Logic Module's sticker in the top right above the barcode.

Here is an example (marked in Red), image courtesy of PLC Hardware...
RA-2711P-T10C4D9-A-UPP-1_b.jpg

As you can see from the photo you have quoted just the Logic Module Catalog Number which is on the bottom right of the sticker (marked in Green).

If you look at the back of the Display Module itself, you should see another sticker with its Catalog Number.

Here is an example (marked in Blue), image courtesy of PLC Hardware...
RA-2711P-T10C4D9-A-NSO_7_13_06_25_11_22_19_b.jpg

If you purchase just a Logic Module then the sticker will have no Assembled Catalog Number in the top right corner.

Here is an example (marked in Orange), image courtesy of PLC Hardware...
RA-2711P-RP9D_b.jpg

I know that this should be a PanelView Plus 6 terminal as the older PanelView Plus terminals all use 2711P-RWx Logic Modules and the newer PanelView Plus 7 terminals do not use removeable Logic Modules. Your Logic Module is specific to the PanelView Plus 6 family.

Also, the older PanelView Plus terminals went to pasture in 2012. So a 2014 terminal is too new to have been of the older stock which displayed the White box. Something I missed from your opening post.

So, now that you "appear" (I still would prefer the Catalog Number...) to have a newer PanelView Plus 6 terminal, we can say that the older White box method is not relevant here for getting into Configuration Mode.

For the PanelView Plus 6 terminals...

By pressing the recessed Default button on the back of the Logic Module you can restart the terminal in Maintenance Mode. You can see this button in the last image above.

Note: This is not Configuration Mode.

You must use a USB keyboard to navigate the Maintenance Mode menu and scroll down and select Special BOOT Action>SAFE Mode.

You then go back to Continue booting with selected options and the terminal will BOOT into Configuration Mode. On the first screen you will see the terminal's current IP address and Subnet Mask. You can then navigate through the Terminal Settings menu to change the terminal's IP address, which is what you originally said you wanted to do...

plcstu1980 said:
...how do you go into config mode to change the ip address of a 2014 PV+ 1000 HMI...

See the following technote...

119811 - PanelView Plus 6: How do you access the Maintenance Mode/Configuration Screen
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George

Last edited:
OK, we're getting somewhere, but just so you know, that is still not a full Catalog Number. So I still have to deduce some facts here...

2711P-RP9D is the Catalog Number for the Logic Module which is just one part of a base-configured PanelView Plus terminal; also known as an Assembled Terminal.

An assembled PanelView Plus terminal will be made up of at minimum a Logic Module and a Display Module, and optionally a Communications Module.

Let's say you have your 2711P-RP9D Logic Module and a possible 2711P-RDT10C Display Module. Combined they would make up the assembled Catalog Number of...

2711P-T10C4D9

This is a full Catalog Number for a factory assembled PanelView Plus 6 1000 terminal...

T = Input Type - Touch
10 = Display Size - 10.4"
C = Display Type - Colour
4 = Communications Option - Ethernet, RS-232, USB
D = Power - DC
9 = OS - Windows CE 6.0 with extended features

The first three items in the Catalog Number are determined by the Display Module 2711P-RDT10C, and the last three are determined by the Logic Module 2711P-RP9D.

If you have an assembled terminal then you should see a full Catalog Number on the Logic Module's sticker in the top right above the barcode.

Here is an example (marked in Red), image courtesy of PLC Hardware...
RA-2711P-T10C4D9-A-UPP-1_b.jpg

As you can see from the photo you have quoted just the Logic Module Catalog Number which is on the bottom right of the sticker (marked in Green).

If you look at the back of the Display Module itself, you should see another sticker with its Catalog Number.

Here is an example (marked in Blue), image courtesy of PLC Hardware...
RA-2711P-T10C4D9-A-NSO_7_13_06_25_11_22_19_b.jpg

If you purchase just a Logic Module then the sticker will have no Assembled Catalog Number in the top right corner.

Here is an example (marked in Orange), image courtesy of PLC Hardware...
RA-2711P-RP9D_b.jpg

I know that this should be a PanelView Plus 6 terminal as the older PanelView Plus terminals all use 2711P-RWx Logic Modules and the newer PanelView Plus 7 terminals do not use removeable Logic Modules. Your Logic Module is specific to the PanelView Plus 6 family.

Also, the older PanelView Plus terminals went to pasture in 2012. So a 2014 terminal is too new to have been of the older stock which displayed the White box. Something I missed from your opening post.

So, now that you "appear" (I still would prefer the Catalog Number...) to have a newer PanelView Plus 6 terminal, we can say that the older White box method is not relevant here for getting into Configuration Mode.

For the PanelView Plus 6 terminals...

By pressing the recessed Default button on the back of the Logic Module you can restart the terminal in Maintenance Mode. You can see this button in the last image above.

Note: This is not Configuration Mode.

You must use a USB keyboard to navigate the Maintenance Mode menu and scroll down and select Special BOOT Action>SAFE Mode.

You then go back to Continue booting with selected options and the terminal will BOOT into Configuration Mode. On the first screen you will see the terminal's current IP address and Subnet Mask. You can then navigate through the Terminal Settings menu to change the terminal's IP address, which is what you originally said you wanted to do...

See the following technote...

119811 - PanelView Plus 6: How do you access the Maintenance Mode/Configuration Screen
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George
Brilliant, very informative i can now get into the Config (y)

FYI, 2711P-T10C4D9 was my CAT number :oops:

Thanks for all your help!! I learnt alot about the CAT number. Which i probably never know :site:
Regards, Stuart