Exporting Factory Talk SE Trend To CSV?

AshleyParr

Is it possible to export the Factory Talk SE Trend on the current page to a CSV file?

I have had a look around and not found anything pointing to the possibility of it, so thought id ask here to double check.

Cheers,
Ash

The trend, no. But if the application is logging the data then you will have it stored in a DataLog which can be exported to a .CSV. The FactoryTalk VantagePoint trends allow this, but not FactoryTalk View.

A trend does not require a DataLog. It only needs it if it is displaying historical data. If you open the trend window and it starts off empty then there is no DataLog.

OG

Im using se to log the data, so im getting the log files stored on my server & i have read that using some utilities you can view those files. I was hoping to be able to export the data from any of the remote terminals without installing additional software on each one.

thought id ask anyway, i looked into using vb to get the data then write a csv file but i started running into a couple of issues with it. May try again later.

Thanks