FlexLogic 5424

gusterminator

Hi guys, I have a flexlogic 5434 for home use. I'm curious if there is 3rd party software I can use to program it since I can't afford to buy RSLogic 5000 for playing at home.
Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks

Gus

RSLogix 5000 is the only software that can program any Rockwell Automation CompactLogix, FlexLogix, DriveLogix, SoftLogix 5800 or ControlLogix controller.

In the "old days" twenty years ago the controller memory and instruction set was simple enough that companies like Taylor Software and ICOM made programming packages that were competitive with or better than the manufacturer's own PLC editors, but that's not the case with modern controllers.

Do you have logix at work? If so, just install it on your take-home laptop, and open it once a week at work to "Borrow" an activation and return it. After that, you only have to put up with the licensing nag box, which usually pops up behind the Logix window. Dismiss it and go on.

Excellent point; that's what I'll be doing this morning.

We have all of our licenses on a server computer now because virtually all of our work is done at our home site, connected up to the Internet and the internal network.

So this morning I've opened up both RSLogix 5000 and FTView Studio to let them get activated, and when I open up again onsite they'll go into Grace Period mode, and I'll have another 7 days to get connected again.

On the plus side it's a clear morning down here in the river valley and when we say "the Mountain is out", it means we're looking up at one of the most majestic volcanoes in North America. Humbling, really.