DL-06 programming 3-axis gantry

cdorries

Hi, I am a senior mechanical engineering student working on a design project and I have to control a 3-axis gantry system powered by Sanyo Denki SanMotion R-Type servo motors. I am using a Direct Logic DL-06 and am having a hard time getting the motors to move. Unfortunately no body in my university is familiar with MODBUS protocol so I have taken it upon myself to learn the basics. One other student knows very little about the DL-06 and he is luckily attempting to help us program it. We have been trying to send a single command to one of the axes and keep getting the Diagnostic Error E263. I have looked up the error code and tried changing some of the parameters to get rid of the code but it still shows up. Has anyone had any experience programming a Sanyo Denki servo motor using DirectSoft software?

Also are there easier ways of programming using MODBUS over such things as Arduino, LabView, or another interface instead of using ladder logic on the DirectSoft software. Any help would be great guys, thanks.

Chris D

I dont have experience with a servo motor but I do with the DL-06. Would be fun to help you out. Got any information on the servo motor. Also check your settings on your Ctrio Workbench. I know that can send some pretty nasty errors if not set up right. Also how are you connected to the Amplifier?

I have the manuals for the servo motors and the amplifiers that are the slaves. 1 for each servo motor. I can find you specific information in the manuals if you need or I can direct you to the site or link a file with the manual if you wish to suss through it yourself. They are Sanyo Denki SanMotion-R 220 VAC 30A servo Motors.

What settings am I looking to check in the Ctrio Workbench to make sure they are not throwing any errors.

The PLC is connected to the first amplifier through a D0-DCM Module via a RS485 from the D0-DCM port 2 to an RJ45 to the amp. The subsequent 2 amps are chained together with the first through RJ45 cables.

I may need a link of the amplifier manual. The Ctrio is only for high speed counting my bad your not that far yet for picking up the encoder. You are just trying to get the drives to run your motors through the plc right now right?

I can link the controller manual up here if you need it but first, the D0-DCM is configured to slot 2 of the DL06.

There is also an F0-4AD2DA-2 card in slot 3 of the DL06. It was there when we received the PLC from our electrical technician. It can be removed if it it will cause and error or anything of the sort.

Screen Shot me your I/O configuration on your ladder software. You have the cards in the correct places. Just a matter of how you configured your addressing for the analog card and possibly the D0-DCM. If possible can you Auto configure your I/O?

Last edited:
I uploaded some screenshots, not sure exactly what you were looking for. I found some settings for I/O ports in the ERM workbench, is this something I should be configuring or should I only be using the CTRIO workbench for the I/O ports.

DS06 screenshot.jpg workbench screenshot.PNG

See my rectangle on my picture can you click on that? Also the ERM is the correct place for you to be when configuring your address's for your slave modules. The Ctrio is for your high speed counting for your encoder. I'm looking at the diagnostics manual "
E263
Configured I/O
Address Out Of
Range

Out of range addresses have been assigned while manually configuring the
I/O. Correct the address assignments using AUX46. SP45 will be on and the
error code will be stored in V7755.

Might even be worth it to check out the rectangle on my second photo "I/O diagnostics", Just seems like something of use.

DS6.jpg DS 66.jpg

Last edited:
I can click both options you have selected. Seems like the ports are configured correctly and that there are no errors under the I/O diagnostics.

I read the error message in the manual as well and it said that AUX46 is only available to use if you are using the handheld programmer from what I've read.

One of the screenshots shows that SP45 is off. I believe that is the SP45 you are talking about. I am going to connect the PLC to the slaves and make sure everything is setup correctly using the ERM workbench once I get out of class at 3pm. I can send you some screenshots of that to double check.

diagnostics screenshot.PNG configure IO screenshot.PNG sp45 off screenshot.PNG

I have everything hooked up and was curious about which CTRIO workbench I am supposed to be using. If I use the CTRIO WB 2 - DirectLogic PLC, I can select the PLC that I have linked to the computer through COM port 1but everything is blacked out and I can not select any options nor does it show any activity of the PLC. Under CTRIO WB 2 EBC + WinPLC there are some options to assign inputs and outputs as shown in the picture below. Is this CTRIO workbench applicable to the PLC I am working with and would this be a possible reason that I am receiving an error?

Also the ERM workbench seems to be only for master and slave combos connected through a network. I am wired and will be wired to everything at all times.

CTRIO WB 2 - EBC + WinPLC screenshot.PNG

I've been watching this thread and I am a bit curious.

AA_Ron has at times mentioned a CTRIO with its setup and the ERM and its setup. But I seem to have missed where cdorries even mentioned that these were part of his system. The I/O diagnostic just shows a com module and an analog card. Was there perhaps a PM with more information?

Last edited:
There was no PM with other info. Anything that was said was all on here. Unfortunately I know literally nothing about these things since I am a Mechanical Engineering Major nor does anyone else on my campus including students and faculty so I am trying to comprehend how these work.