Siemens S7-400..questions

jimdi4

New to Siemens S7-400. Need to know from Siemens experts what the standard addressing is for the Digital Inputs/Outputs.

Analog Inputs/ Outputs.

Internal Relay coils.

Does anyone also know of any website that may have down-loadable Autocad Symbols that show the rack/ or Modules of the inputs/output/ or processor or powersuply.

Thanks and any help is appreciated! :)

Hej Jimdi4

If You have the Step 7 software, make a new projekt and do a hardware configuration. Insert a Simatic 400 station, pick a rack and try inserting some modules and look at the I/O-address.

Best Regard

Jesper

beerchug

Make sure you have the language settings set to your language. The symbols change depending on your language.

For example Q is an output in English, while it is an A in German. Q is an O with a tail for English "output"; A is for "Aus" in German for "out" (english translation).

lauu

Although what you have said is a way of finding out the 'address's' of the various I/O, it will not tell jimdi4 how to address them in the logic, by that I mean:- I, Q, M, PIW, PQW, DB*.DBX ect. That is what I thought Jimdi4 was asking about.

Paul

Plucas

After reading the question again, I think your right.

Best Regard

Jesper.

banghead

:D Thanks everyone for chiming in...BTW...the manual was very helpful and had most of the info I needed...Again thanks... :cool: