Problem with EDS module? - RSLogix and Sick FlexiSoft

JohanM

Hi guys. I have some weird problem. Im trying to add Sick FlexiSoft GENT (ETH/IP) module to my hardware configuration, but it show my message like this: "At least one connection must be configured for this device".. Its looks like the RSLogix cant read connection information from EDS file. It is possible or there is something else? When I open EDS file with notepad, I can see row named "Connection Manager" and there are some datas. I compared it with other EDS for another hw and its look ok.. hmm.. What can I try?.. Thank you so much... I am running on RSLogix 20 MINI and RSLinx 3.80

20160408_174857.jpg SICK EDS problem .jpg SICK EDS problem.jpg

Attachments

• EDS_file_FX0_GENT00000_DC0001592.ZIP
    3.4 KB · Views: 15
Check the Connection tab in the ethernet module properties window. I'm not sure, but my best guess would be that you haven't configured any input or output data instances.

You don't need an eds for the GENT module as it has a built in server that will read and write its status to your PLC. You specify which tags you want to read/write in the GENT configuration. The PLC only needs to have the tag arrays present for it to read/write them.

Here are some screen shots:

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I'm using Studio5000, 1769-L33ERMS Compact GuardLogix 5370 Safety Controller, version 30,

And the Balluff block, as per my original post about this problem:
Capture3.PNG

The weird part is that when I import a Balluff block from another program I did using a different laptop, I can select some things in the Module Definitions screen:

Capture4.PNG

The problem seems to be when I setup the new EDS files on this laptop. They are not usable.

Hmm. So, are the EDS files created by the Balluff software somehow? I've not used Balluff I/O before.

Huh. I'm just stabbing in the dark here, because again I've never used Balluff I/O, but the next thing I'd try is a repair on the FT Services Platform (from Control Panel>Programs & Features). Failing that, an uninstall/reinstall of RSLinx. Can you uninstall/reinstall EDS files as well? I've never had to try...