Versamax and Maple Systems HMI

Buckransome

Guys,

I need help with a Maple Systems HMI 5100N. I have a GE Versamax Micro 64 point PLC that I am trying to communicate with. So far I have setup the communication settings on the PLC and the HMI to where they are equal and to what Maple Systems reccomends (19200 baud, odd parity, SNP-x, 4 wire rs-485) and the HMI says "PLC no response". I know the cable good because I can use it on another project just fine. I am new to Proficy and Easybuilder 5000. Is there something I am missing here? Is there something that I need to add in the ladder to make this communication successful?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you're using an option module (IC200USB002) for your RS485 port. The built-in port (Port1) on the PLC is RS232.
I've never used an optional port module before, but when I added a Micro 64 target to a Proficy project, port 2 defaults to 175Kbaud. It looks like you will have to change the hardware configuration to run at 19200 baud.

Steve,

You are correct I do have the option module (IC200USB002) for RS485 port. Sorry I forgot to mention that. Now as far as selecting the hardware in ME it looks as if it recognizes the option module without me telling it to. It shows for port 2 rs-425 and baud 19200.