Wonderware Tag Question

Nan

Hi,

I am new to wonderware... I am editing a program write in rslogix5000 and use wonderware intouch as the HMI. The HMi program was created from ArchestrA IDE, and uses DASABCIP as the server. My question is that after I make some changes to the tags in rslogix5000, how can I update the tags in intouch? In other word, how can I load the tags from rslogix to intouch?

Thank you very much!

What types of changes are you making to the tags?

I run Wonderware System Platform. If I add tags in the PLC (Control Logix), I open up ArchestrA IDE and add a field attribute to the piece of equipment that I added the tag to.

For example if I have Hypo Pump 1 with tags of:

Hypo_Pump_1_ST
Hypo_Pump_1_RNG
Hypo_Pump_1_SP

for start, running and speed.

If I added a tag for amps

Hypo_Pump_1_Amps

I would go into ArchestrA IDE and search for Hypo Pump 1 and add a field attribute for amps.

Are you running InTouch standalone?

Thank you for your response! I am running a managed intouch. I am wondering if I can use DB Load and DB Dump to import or export tags in ArchestrA IDE. If I created a new managed intouch app in ArchestrA IDE, and create new program new tags in rslogix5000, am I be able to export the tags from rslogix 5000 and correct the format, then DB load to the new managed intouch app through ArchestrA IDE? Is this normally we do when we create a new project?

Thank you!

i am using compactlogix L35E, the regional program has a lot of AOIs, I have to rewrite them. I am running Wonderware System Platform too.

Thanks,

Hello,

When using Wonderware System Platform you can use the GRDump/GRLoad tools to bulk create object instances. In the menu you use Galaxy>Export>GRDump and Galaxy>Import>GRLoad.

If you are using stand alone InTouch managed within the IDE you can access the DBDump/DBLoad options for bulk tag creation by right clicking on the InTouch Template and selecting Import>DBLoad or Export>DBDump from the context menu.

I hope this helps!

John

Nan,

A few things to consider. If your objects have static values in UDAs, then the Galaxy export / import can be problematic, depending on how you re-import. The CSV files do not store the UDA values directly, however it is possible to put them in before upload. Or you only updated changed attributes on import, but if UDAs are what you need to change, this can be a limitation.

Normal object export doesn't have this issue, however you can not directly edit an *.aaPKG file. The easiest trick here would be create a temp galaxy on your GR node and then import your objects. SP will bring the templates with it, and then you can mod objects and templates without effecting others in your live galaxy. Then you can bring the objects back over with out loosing data. This however may require you to update your templates in your live galaxy, or rename to some new templates.

The last thing I wanted to mention was on the DAS side of things. Depending on how your DAS is configured, you may need to stop and restart the service for DAS to pickup a load in the new tagnames from the PLC. The default selections on DAS typically don't require this, but in larger implementations of SP where auto sync tags is a performance issue, you have to do this if unchecked.

Hopefully that gives you a few things to consider and look out for. (y)