WonderWare Historian (null) tag value

TheColt46

So I'm trying to make a tag I created in WonderWare Historian display the correct tag values on the inTouch client but it is currently showing null. I know the tag is working correctly because it is displaying a dynamic value on its window on inTouch, but it seems something isn't configured correctly on the historian. All tags in the historian were created in the Application Server using MDAS, and reference a MSSql server on a separate server. My tag was created in the exact same way as which I described, so I'm wondering if there is something I need to do on the MSSql server in which the tags are queried. You probably can tell I'm new to historian as well as MSSql so I sure I'm missing a critical step and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You should be able to locate it looking at the MSSql queries that the historian uses. It should point you to the database.

You should not be going into the MSSQL side of things, especially without experience.!!
If the tag has been created in App server, you should see it under MDAS on the historian config.
It sounds like the historian is not connecting to the app engine correctly…

It sounds like you think I shouldn't have to mess with anything on the database itself. I know the app engine is connected to the historian correctly because the tags that were already there using the MDAS are working. I created my new tag on the MDAS using the same parameters as the ones already on there but it is showing a null value on the historical trend. Thanks for the feedback guys.

It sounds like you think I shouldn't have to mess with anything on the database itself.
Correct, App Server does it all for you...
I know the app engine is connected to the historian correctly because the tags that were already there using the MDAS are working. I created my new tag on the MDAS using the same parameters as the ones already on there but it is showing a null value on the historical trend. Thanks for the feedback guys.
You created a MDAS tag on the historian under the MDAS group.? This is not the right way, these tags are typically created automatically by the App Server object & then historised..
Is the tag an App Server object or InTouch tag..?
If an InTouch tag, then is should be an IDAS historian type

The tag is not an I/0 object on the app server. Does this mean I should create it as a new object on the app server and use the history checkbox?

The tag is not an I/0 object on the app server. Does this mean I should create it as a new object on the app server and use the history checkbox?
Well, it depends..đź“š
How is the overall system configured?
Are all the Historian tags MDAS instead of IDAS?

It is by far the intent of using AppServer to have it as an object & to a certain extent easier.
But it sounds like you have a mixture since you ended up creating an inTouch tag (as opposed to an app server I/O object.)

All our tags are using MDAS rather than IDAS.
I added the tag I wanted to add history to the MDAS list because it wasn't in there already.
I never created an inTouch tag because we are already displaying the tag's value on a main window.
What I don't understand is how the tagpath for the display roots the tag to an AppEng object that doesn't exist.
Thanks for the feedback

All our tags are using MDAS rather than IDAS.
Based on your first comment that all tags are MDAS (App Server), then yes. Tick that box!

What I don't understand is how the tagpath for the display roots the tag to an AppEng object that doesn't exist.
Thanks for the feedback
Again, it depends. What does the amimation object within InTouch show?
There are a few ways to do it... it could be an InTouch tag, which would then have a corresonding access name .
Or, it could be an archestra graphic linked to an object OR linked to an InTouch tag..

So, what does the animation show when you open the properties..?