FactoryTalk View Studio (File Transfer Issue?)

JohnnyQuanex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Guys,

When I try to download my FactoryTalk View Studio file to my PanelView Plus 7 device, it says (ON THE PANELVIEW UNIT):

ERROR: Cannot open project due to version incompatibility.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

John Whited

In panel view display under system information page. you can see the .mer version supported by display.

So when u make mer file. make the correct version of mer file and download again to the display . it will work.

Ultimately, you have to have an .mer file that matches the major revision of your PVP firmware. You can modify either one to suit the other - i.e. you can flash the firmware to suit your .mer, or you can create an .mer file to match the firmware. Obviously, creating the correct version .mer file is the quickest and easiest, but then it never hurts to bring firmware up to date at the same time if you have the time and inclination.