ViewStudio ME Datastore Plus

Martindag

Hey guys,

For 2 panelviews, im using the ME Datastore plus to record some Bool and Integer from my PLC on a External USB Storage.

I setted them to make a new file daily and record every 60sec. This part work but not perfect.
Sometimes i get a 24hours log like i wanted
but it happen alot of time in a day for some reason it can make like 3 or 4 new .CSV to record my 24 hours...
Im trying to understand what is making it start a new file like this... its like totally random.

Also in the trigger i setter it to my PLC Status, when my system is up and running i activate my trigger to make it start logging.

Anyone else every had this kind of problem with ME Datastore Plus ? or do any of you have any suggestion about this ?

Thanks !

In the DataStore Plus properties, you can set it to start a new file at a certain time, or when the file reaches a certain size. If you're only seeing this on days where there is a lot of activity, that would be the first place I'd look.

for the size it cant be this, sometimes i get a new one after 20 records. but maybe something else in these parameter restart it i dunno i think i checked that twice already but i will again.

Hmm. Yeah, I'd be checking to see if there's any other triggers restarting your log file. Also make sure that the display that the data store object is on never closes - I haven't used the data store enough to be sure, but I think it just *might* start a new file each time the object starts. If it's stopping and starting all the time because the display it's on gets opened and closed, that *might* also cause it.

My PLC and HMI is always on to monitor my application, i got a screensaver on my HMI but i dont think it would do anything bad to my log :)

But you have a point on this, anytime i turn the power off on this panel to work on it, when my HMI boot i get a new .CSV everytime.

But there is something else also to keep making new file that i cant find.

Just for exemple monday i had a 45kb .CSV which was like all my 24hours long

and Tuesday i had 4 .CSV ... one was 5kb and recorded like 2 hours, the next one around 10kb.... etc

One is a Panelview compact 600 and my PLC is a micrologix 1400

the other one is a Panelview 1000 plus on a contrologix, and my 2 program do the same problem... So my guess its not related to my component or something.

You might be missing a crucial point...

The DataStore Plus object ONLY RUNS when the display it is on is OPEN. So if you have the DataStore Plus object on the main operator screen, every time you switch to any other screen, the DataStore Plus will STOP logging data. I would not be surprised to find that it creates a new file each time it restarts (i.e. every time you go back to that main screen). Try it out - switch between screens a few times, and see if you have as many data files as you did screen switches!

The typical way to run a datastore plus onject is to put it on a screen that is always open and cannot be closed - and then position it off screen so it's not visible at runtime. That way it just sits in the background logging away happily regardless of anything else that goes on.

wow seriously ???

anytime i switch to any other panel my datastore stop and restart when i come back to that page ?

wow thanks so much... i would never found this myself :D

I will try to make a page like you say always open