FT ViewStudio ME Change of Data macro

Andrew Hardy

Hi all
I have a PV performance plus7 programming with FT ViewStudio ME.
I want to detect when the user changes on the HMI, and to set an integer tag in the PLC (CompactLogix) with a value for each user.

I have done the same thing in TIAPortal a few times, but I can't find the equivalent to "scheduled tasks" in FT - does anybody have any good ideas?

TIA 🍻

Andy

How is the user being changed? You might be able to use the Enter field of a numeric entry to trigger a remote macro.

Maybe you have to make a popup screen for the user login, and just resort to a close macro when they close the login screen to send the current user to the PLC

I am using a login button, and I have created a macro that should run when the login occurs, unfortunately it looks like it runs the macro first (before any user is logged on, if that makes sense)

In the Explorer pane Global Connections > Macro tab.

There are 5 Macro names shown under this tab. Macro1, Macro2, Macro3, Macro4, Macro5. The Macro you create must conform to this naming convention. Use a tag or expression to trigger Macro event.

the Macro uses the form: <Tag> = <Expression>

So the Macro should be PLC Tag = CurrentUserName()

CurrentUserName() is a function provided under the security along with: CurrentUserHasCode() and CurrentUserHasGroup()

You could do something as simple as using the System\BlinkSlow tag to run your Macro and it would update the PLC tag every 1 second.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, are you saying my macro named "Log_In" needs to be renamed "Macro1" and the connection under RemoteMacro1 can just be the BlinkSlow tag?

yes. If you put the System\BlinkSlow on the Global Connection named Macro1 it will run the macro named Macro1 every second.