ViewStudio ME and VMWare

AutomatedOne

Hello everyone!
I am trying to test a known working ViewStudio ME 9.0 application that is running on a VMWare workstation 15 Windows 7 machine. It does create and open a runtime file but all my buttons have Error displayed on them.
An error message is created for all tags which reads "(tag name) is unresolved in path to processor CompactLogix xxxx"
I know this can be caused by a simple tag syntax error etc but all tags are in error and this application is currently running on a Panelview Plus 6.
I am thinking that the problem is associated with the fact that I am attempting to test the application on a virtual machine.
Any related experiences or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I use nothing but virtual machines. Mainly because I need versions 8.0, 8.2, 9.0 and 10.0 so I have a seperate machine for each one.
VMWare can be picky about the network card setup. I have had to disable the network card and re-enable it to get it to see the PLC. Sometimes FTView just gets a bug a$$ and you have to close it and re-open it.

Same here. Nothing but VMs. Aside from closing and reopening FTVS, or rebooting the VM, there may be an issue with the way your network is setup for you VM to talk to the outside world.

Did you check the path. It should use the project path, not the runtime one and it might be different. Also check that you can ping the PLC from the VM

Thanks for the input but I may not have clarified dilemma well enough. I am trying to use the "Test Application" function built into FTView Studio ME so that I can run the project on my laptop. I have though checked to make sure that my Design and Runtime paths are correct and equal. Again, this project runs ok on a Panelview in the field. I have used Test Application in the past but never in a VMWare virtual machine so I am leaning toward something there creating the problem.

Thanks for the reply Ken. I use a bridge adapter in VM typically but have tried the other available options. Could you share your settings or provide a screenshot?

Thanks again