FTViewStudio 7.0 - import project

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I got a urgent task ahead of me.
My customer has a PanelViewPlus 6 700 HMI wich is developed by another company. They have four control cabinets wich are to be sent next week on tuesday. However, they want me to change a limitation on a input field on the HMI. This is limited to 9999 and they want to be able to set it higher. Problem is that I have never done anything with FTView Studio.

Since I know you guys have, I need a quick help of getting going. First thing is I need to start/import the program properly. I have got the files .mer and .apa but I can't seem to open them? How do I do?

/Tim

The Application Manager is used to do file copy,delete,rename,restore.

The Apa is a backup copy you can restore. The Mer is the runtime copy. You can restore the runtime copy if it vers. 5.0 or higher.

Ok, so I have converted the .apa file. It's now avaliable to open, I got this notice though. Is there anything that I have to be aware of when I convert the file to 7.0? I know that when I converted a TIA portal project a couple of years ago my some system tags where changed. Anything I have to take notice of?

Namnlös.jpg

Once you convert it to a higher version someone with a lower version will be unable to restore the .apa file. But you can save the .mer file back as a version 6.1 when you create your runtime copy. That way they will have access to restore the .mer file and have access to make modifications later.

Ok, so there is nothing that will "change" in my program when I convert it to 7.0. I suppose it shouldn't but since I got that problem with the TIA portal I had to ask.

One last question I might as well ask here. The Integer in the Micrologix 1400 (N7) what are its highest value it can take? Is it 32676? I can't find it in the manual.

Strange problem and I'll try to use this thread before I start a new one:

I have succesfully started the software before. I took my laptop home to do some programing/testing. Now when I start it it just pops up this message and then the application is closed. Any suggestions? I haven't got the DVD in my DVD reader but that can hardly be the reason can it?

Namnlös1.jpg